Subjectcontext_switching&machine_suspend()
Hello,

I'd like work on a new project. Its main goal would be that [preferably]
all of the state of the machine would be saved on disk when pressing a
magic sysrq key and this could be restored later [e.g. one day later].

So I'll have to save all kernel structures. Since the structures are
referenced by pointers the machine_restore() function should load all data
to the psychical memory location as it was by saving. Of course for
compatibility there will be register/unregister functions that every layer
that needs to save some data could register its save function. I've got a
relatively clean image of that.

The problem right now is that I don't know anything about context
swichting.
I mean.. e.g. what happens when a process calls sleep_on or its time slice
is over? Both cases schedule() is called. But.. since it will return
sometime a stack is have to be managed by the processor.. It's all clean
by a single threaded program of course but what happens here?
Is the individual stacks for all processes or so? How will I be able to
save them? I'd like to make this platform independent of course.

Thanks..

Seasons