SubjectRe: ARMS WAVING!!! Proposal to fix /proc dainbrammage.
Date
I presume this referred to ASCII printed form, where I agree bigendian
is the appropriate (because that's the way people are used to reading
numbers.)

For internal representation there are actually substantial technical
advantages with littleendian notation, despite the fact that it
appears politically incorrect to say so...

-hpa

Followup to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.981023151556.431A-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>
By author: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

--
PGP: 2047/2A960705 BA 03 D3 2C 14 A8 A8 BD 1E DF FE 69 EE 35 BD 74
See http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/ for web page and full PGP public key