SubjectRe: APC, Your company is making a mistake!
mharris@ican.net (Mike A. Harris) writes:

>Well, I understand that, and I fully support your efforts Andre,
>as I'm sure you're aware. However the existence of binary only
>software that is GPL'd puts you in violation of the GPL. From my

--- cut ---
http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/apcupsd/

The suspended support and the removal of all binaries is brought to
you by an unhappy GPL waving, source demanding, end-user........ Since
this person has pushed the issue of the GPL status of the source to
the limit and demanded that I give it to him based on the clause #7 of
the GPL guidelines, even thought I am the author and have the right to
change the license status at will. There will be no more binaries
releases until this issue that this person has pressed me into a
corner that I have not outs. If the source is allowed to be made GPL
again, everything will be normal again; however, if the status of the
source can not be changed, apcupsd will be terminated. Because this
person has left me without any room to move. I am sorry to have
allowed myself and the packaged to be pressed into almost no-win
situtation.

--- cut ---

Mike, you're a real hero to all of us. Instead of having just binary
only support we now have no support at all. Thank you very much.

>Mike A. Harris - Computer Consultant - Linux advocate

"narrow minded idiot without a clue" would be better fitting.

FOAD
Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen -- hps@tanstaafl.de
TANSTAAFL! Consulting - Unix, Internet, Security

Hutweide 15 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0 "There ain't no such
D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20 thing as a free Linux"