SubjectRe: 2.2 missing features
On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Jeff Lightfoot wrote:
> What can we do to keep this from happening in the 2.3 to 2.4/3.0 conversion?
> Would it be reasonable to ask that there be patches for both stable and
> development before a feature is added to the stable branch?

In general, I think this would be a bad thing for the stable branch.
Production boxen need fixes and patches in a timely manner, much more than
development machines.

An alternate approach would be to add all stable-branch patches to a
checklist for the dev branch, so that added stable features don't slip
through the cracks in dev.

Darrin Chandler
PGP Public Key available at