    SubjectRe: IDE-Driver and APCUPSD Status (READ ME ALL)
    On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mike A. Harris wrote:

    > On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
    > >All updates of the IDE-Driver that I have been working on are suspended
    > >until I can resolve the mess that Mike Harris has made for me. This is

    > sore thing to do. The APC problem, and the IDE related stuff are
    > two very isolated issues.

    Yes, this was stupid of me to even consider, and I am sorry to that.
    As time permits and my thoughts collect, I will look at the IDE issues
    again. My mind is so scattered over the issues, I lost the grand

    > I've learned several things so far from this experience:
    > 1) Some people don't take the GPL seriously
    > 2) Some people don't understand the GPL at all
    > 3) Standing up for your rights gets you nailed to the cross

    I did not want this to become a public issue, since I had other possible
    solutions to the GPL problem. I am now left with one ACE to play and if
    it fails, and it should not, this would have been an exercise in

    I take the GPL very seriously, but some times you have to bend a little to
    gain a lot. The last thing to point out is that every reference that I
    examined at the beginning of the project has been considered public
    knowledge without a direct GPL attached.........unless you know something
    that I don't. I put the original GPL into the package which has had at
    least three names assigned by me. I chose to move slowly to an work to
    get everything in writing to prevent this from ever happening again.

    I hope that you learned this also:

    Publically blasts, with good intensions or not, is usually not the best
    approach to any issue.

    The net result is that I made many irrational statements, did stupid
    things, and burdend this list with an issue that does not belong.
    We all need to remember that there is a real person on the other end of a
    terminal, I find that there are many things that are said on a list that
    would never be stated face to face. I still do this childish act, and one
    day I hope to be able to practice what I said above.

    Finally, I ask that this issue be put to rest and let time resolve the
    issue. I have nothing more to say on this issue again.........

    Andre Hedrick
    The IDE-FNG for Linux

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.020 / U:98.328 seconds]