    SubjectRe: LSF and SOCK_PACKET
    Yeah I screwed up.  I didn't realize that only socket level setsockopts
    were generic.

    On another note:

    Has anyone given any thought to having a BIND_TO_TCP_PORT type option
    for SOCK_PACKET?

    The reason I ask that if one wanted to use SOCK_PACKET for more than
    traffic monitoring (ie. user level networking) this would be a very
    useful feature (although it could be argued it breaks all kind of layer
    abstractions).

    I would be interested in hearing the best ways of going about this.

    -Garth

    Excerpts from mail: 16-Oct-98 Re: LSF and SOCK_PACKET by Andi Kleen@muc.de
    > of the LL/DL code) in 2.1. Then SO_ATTACH_FILTER/
    > SO_DETACH_FILTER are generic socket options that are handled by
    > core/sock.c for all socket types, the receiving filter is in
    include/net/sock.h
    > (that is what I missed in my first mail).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.018 / U:30.528 seconds]