    SubjectRe: [PARPORT] Re: linux, parport & EPP BIOS calls
    > > There is a little known extension known as "EPP BIOS" which gives better
    > > control over the parallel port. The actual location is found by a call to INT 17h
    > It's not to say that these facilities themselves could not be duplicated.
    > The bios is just providing you with an interface remember that. Can you
    > email any infomration you have? Looks interesting.

    I think you've missed the point: the BIOS knows what kind of parallel port
    chip is in use, and where its configuration registers are hidden. I think
    David was hoping to find a way to avoid having to write chip specific
    drivers for all the different parallel ports out there ...

    David: some BIOSes no longer offer EPP mode as a setup option even when the
    chip supports it. Do we have any evidence that the EPP-BIOS would work on
    such motherboards ?

    Grant R. Guenther

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.017 / U:22.424 seconds]