    SubjectRe: [FIXES] 2.1.125
    According to Ely Wilson:
    > I think it is bad programming practice to declare variable in such a
    > manner. It makes variable declaration harder to track if anything.

    Experience indicates otherwise. And consider how inconvenient it is
    now to have two ifdef blocks -- one for the conditional code itself
    and another at the top of the function for the variables that the code
    needs. Bleh.

    WRT using it in Linux: Unlike other kernels, Linux is gcc-specific.
    So I would have no objection to using C9X features in Linux when and
    if they're supported in gcc (or egcs if Linus switches to that).
    --
    Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <chip@perlsupport.com>
    "... under cover of afternoon in the biggest car in the county?!" //MST3K