SubjectRe: [FIXES] 2.1.125
According to Ely Wilson:
> I think it is bad programming practice to declare variable in such a
> manner. It makes variable declaration harder to track if anything.

Experience indicates otherwise. And consider how inconvenient it is
now to have two ifdef blocks -- one for the conditional code itself
and another at the top of the function for the variables that the code
needs. Bleh.

WRT using it in Linux: Unlike other kernels, Linux is gcc-specific.
So I would have no objection to using C9X features in Linux when and
if they're supported in gcc (or egcs if Linus switches to that).
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <>
"... under cover of afternoon in the biggest car in the county?!" //MST3K