    SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent
    On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Olaf Titz wrote:
    > > I disgaree. I think that NT is not, and has never been, a threat
    > > to Linux. The latest NT abortion is no different.
    >
    > It is. People who never have really _used_ a computer get bombarded
    > with trade magazine articles which consistently tell that "NT is the
    > future". So these people decide that "NT is the future", and NT will
    > be used, and Unix abandoned.

    But people who never used a computer are the most easy part of mankind to
    convince to use Linux. They're not used to crashing computers and are annoyed
    if their computer crashes, unlikely `experienced' M$ users. I remember girls,
    almost with tears in their eyes, `it's not possible that it crashes that much,
    it must be me'...

    Real newbies have to learn how to use a computer anyway. Chosing `start' to
    shutdown your computer is counter-intuitive. Learning simple UNIX commands is
    not much more difficult than learning the M$ logic.

    Greetings,

    Geert

    --
    Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be