SubjectRe: Linux 2.1.125 & gated - boked
Hello!

> Oct 14 03:31:27 rt_add: host bits not zero 208.0.84.154/0.0.0.0 gw
> What's odd is it's refering to the gateway address as the virtual interface,
> and the mask is completely off. What changed? I checked /proc/net/route...
> and the sscanf function shouldn't have any problems.

Nothing was changed. This bug presents in all gated versions.
Probably, you never looked to your logs before today.
The bug is pretty harmless and results only in ignored remnants.

Change %02x in sscanf to %x to shut up it.

> Another odd thing is, I
> appear to have two routing entries which are exactly the same in
> /proc/net/route:

It is not essential at all.

> Anyway, it's sort of important than I get OSPF up and running again, so I'd
> appreciate it if someone could tell me what possibly could have changed to
> affected gated this badly. If someone has a patch to make my life easier,
> I'd appreciate it

I have no idea, why your gated stopped to work.
One thing which I can say is that it is not related to phenomena
noticed by you above. They present in all 2.1 and, partially, in 2.0.

One stupid guess: what ethernet card do you use?
Is it occasionally not eepro?

Alexey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.051 / U:0.112 seconds]