SubjectNDAs & http://www.initio.com/beta.html & 9200/9400UW support for Linux?
Hi!

I've been wondering where to download the source code the image offered on
the above URL? I'm assuming that this is only an oversight, and that you
will follow your obligations that the Linux license (see the file COPYING
in the Linux kernel distribution) forces on everyone (with the exception
of the orginal authors as a community).

Another question is, if there are 9200/9400UW legal drivers for Linux?
(As our company is delivering mostly Linux servers, I have also to adhere
to the GPL license. For that I need the source.)

Side note:
Just from the practibility point of view, binary-only images of kernels
are a pain in the ass. (I cannot compile modules for the kernel. I cannot
compile in my driver mix, I cannot compile with newer nonstandard driver
versions, etc.). And it also has the disadvantage of being illegal.

Binary only modules would be legal, are a bit more flexible (but I still
have the problem of creating a kernel that will be able to load the
module), but would make booting systems with the rootfs on a INITIO hosted
SCSI disc problematic. (It's workable, but a pain in the ass to setup.)

Another point is, that providing binary only drivers for a 2.1.x
development kernel is a ``especially stupid'' thing to do.
-) 2.1.x kernels change quickly.
-) 2.1.x kernel may be instable. So perhaps the INITIO driver is ok in a
given release, but some other driver is instable. Than you may need to
tinker with the source of kernel, or switch quickly versions.

Yours sincerly,

Andreas Kostyrka
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
crashes, usually just before saving a massive project. Easily cured by