SubjectRe: APC, Your company is making a mistake!
Majdi Abbas wrote:

> Brian Schau wrote:
> | Don't give up on Apc-upses ... See:
> |
> | http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/apcupsd
>
> Last time I checked the source for apcupsd was no longer
> available, but there are some people who have reverse-engineered
> their protocol; it's trivial, really.
>
> I think the point is that APC as a company is completely
> ignoring the non-Wintel platforms. Best doesn't. APCUPSD is
> no longer available in source form.
>
> *shrug*
>
> --msa
>
> --
> Majdi Abbas <abbas@cdtelecom.com> Systems/Network Admin
> CableData Telecommunications 734.995.5590 x229
>
> -

I found the the following message from APC on the RedHat List::

re: apcupsd (Linux etc.)
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:07:13 -0400
From:
EKaufman@apcc.com
To:
redhat-list@redhat.com

Dear valued Linux customers,

APC recognizes the large size and growth of the Linux market and the
importance of supporting Linux users. With this in mind, APC has never
threatened legal action against any third party Linux software developers.

It is not our policy to comment on products under development, however APC
is very interested in providing UPS management software for Linux users.
In the interim, please let us know how we can help you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please send them to
apcinfo@apcc.com.

Sincerely,
Eric Kaufman
APC software product manager

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.121 / U:0.312 seconds]