Subject2.1.125ac2 breaks PPC SCSI
I noticed another compile error in LinuxPPC in 2.1.125ac2. In addition to
the stricmp errors that someone else reported, I also had problems with
an instance of SCSI_DISK_MAJOR still remaining. Apparently ac2 switched
all of those to SCSI_DISK(0-9)_MAJOR. The remaining instance is in
pmac_setup.c in the arch/ppc directory, or some child directory of it. (I
am not at the PPC right now, and I am reciting this all from memory.)

I changed the instance to SCSI_DISK0_MAJOR, and it compiled up to the
linking stage, where it died on the stricmp bug, so I was unable to test
if it worked or not.

---
Mike Perry
Maintainer of www.linuxos.org and subpages.

"The programming model I'm promoting is that the network is broken all the
time. People design their software so that if you can communicate at all,
it's a miracle."
-Microsoft Vice President Jim Allchin when asked about
the future of OS development
---

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:1.313 / U:0.000 seconds]