    Subject[OFFTOPIC] Narrow-minded American attitudes
    > > into it - the belief of Americans that their constitution is the
    > > law of the world
    > Errm, no. The constitution does not grant rights. It guarantees some
    > of the rights which are given to everyone by God.

    Much as I hate to continue this on-list (I have taken most of it off-list and
    made sure Linus is not Cc'd - as he has expressed he is not interested in the
    thread), I just see this as needing a response.

    I'm not taking any sides in this message or pointing out what I think about
    the comment itself.

    A comment about god, or the existence of a god, is just as narrow-minded and
    out of place as a comment about guns (or alcohol or drugs, to go back a bit in
    the archives). This mailing list spans a number of countries and political
    systems. Not everyone thinks that America is the model of a society. Any
    comments on these topics should be kept well off the list, on the list they
    can only serve to divide the members. If we're going to have a flamewar, keep
    it on-topic - like patch control, devfs, or whatever.

    Sorry for my response to Eric's earlier post. His comments offended me and I
    couldn't go without responding.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:9.044 seconds]