    SubjectRe: ext2fs and shared RAID subsystems
    Hi,

    On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 18:03:22 -0400, "Robert Gash"
    <gashalot@cybermax.net> said:

    > Hey, I know this might be a little off-topic, but I need to know if the
    > ext2fs will work with shared disk subsystems.

    Yes and no. You can only mount an ext2fs disk on one of the connected
    machines at once if you have multi-ported disks. However, if you have
    control software running at a higher level, there's nothing to stop you
    from dismounting on one and remounting on another, or mounting on one
    machine if another dies.

    Bear in mind that until we have the ext2fs journaling work finished,
    remounting the filesystem like that after a system failure will require
    the pain of an e2fsck, and you'll have to be careful to flush the buffer
    cache before remounting such a disk.

    --Stephen

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.018 / U:60.088 seconds]