SubjectRe: Linux vs Microsoft
On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> With due respect, Mr. Towers...if Microsoft could crush us, it would
> already have done so. It is now several months too late for them to
> succeed.

It's all nice and correct, but what does it have to do with kernel
except the well known fact that sane kernel design, efficient development
model and respect of open standards allowed mentioned database vendors to
support Linux without spending huge resources on porting?

I don't see why some mail with typical "Microsoft is powerful
everywhere" FUD requires the answer to be sent to the mailing list where
most of people know well enough (in part because of your, esr, efforts)
how much do those claims worth.

--
Alex