    SubjectRe: Linux vs Microsoft
    On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

    > With due respect, Mr. Towers...if Microsoft could crush us, it would
    > already have done so. It is now several months too late for them to
    > succeed.

    It's all nice and correct, but what does it have to do with kernel
    except the well known fact that sane kernel design, efficient development
    model and respect of open standards allowed mentioned database vendors to
    support Linux without spending huge resources on porting?

    I don't see why some mail with typical "Microsoft is powerful
    everywhere" FUD requires the answer to be sent to the mailing list where
    most of people know well enough (in part because of your, esr, efforts)
    how much do those claims worth.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:45    [W:0.019 / U:0.112 seconds]