SubjectRe: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent
On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > 2 now), and whatever we do, we do have to
> > > understand that NT 5.0 is a threat to Linux.
> >
> > No, it is not.
> >
> > What should happen? Linux goes bankrupt? Microsoft buys GNU?
> Believe me Microsoft think Linux is a threat now. Its level with things like
> java in their perceived threat list, so you can expect all the usual MS
> techniques to start coming this way and very soon.
> Alan
FYI it is common for computer companies, hardware and software, to give
equipment and software to colleges. It is one of the best advertising
deals there is.

However, a local small College, which has a new Engineering Department,
was just provided complete Software Development Software for NT, plus
the NT OS upon condition that no other OS be used on Campus.

So... That's how it is done.

Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.123 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).