    SubjectRe: [ME TOO] Re: Linux-2.1.125 ... pre-2.2 imminent - SCSI issues
    You wrote:
    >The 1542CF is known to have bad SCSI lines drivers (hardware).
    >In real life you can compare it with a car that has bad brakes and
    >bad tyres.

    If this is the case, then could you please suggest a replacement
    scsi card? I've tried the AHA29xx series, and they work very
    poorly with my motherboard. I need a low end card, similar
    to the 1542, which has worked very well in my machines for quite a while.

    Obsolete hardware is no excuse for buggy error handling in the driver.

    Since when have bugs in the hardware prevented Linux from still
    supporting the device? I can understand poor performance on old
    machines, but not outright bugs.

    Are we also to throw away obsolete pentium chips with F00F bugs?

    Steve
    ssd@nevets.oau.org

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.019 / U:61.340 seconds]