    Subjectext2fs and shared RAID subsystems
    Hey, I know this might be a little off-topic, but I need to know if the
    ext2fs will work with shared disk subsystems. I need a fully redundant
    system for the eMail servers at work, and the only way I can see having full
    redundancy (no one point of failure, N+1) is running 2 mail servers with a
    shared RAID5 disk subsystem. I know Compaq will help me get the array
    working properly, but I need to know if ext2fs can handle the shared array.
    The two mail servers will be setup so one is the primary POP3 and secondary
    SMTP and the other secondary POP3 and primary SMTP (if one dies you just
    bind the other IP up until the other is working). The disk subsystem will
    *NOT* be the boot partition. Each machine will have 2 9gb (SCSI Level 0)
    drives for the system on each, but simply /var/mail will be shared. Does
    anyone know how the ext2fs would handle a shared /var/mail? There is a
    chance a user could be recieving inbound eMail from one server and getting
    his mail from the other at the same time (2 machines, 1 disk subsystem).
    What would ext2fs do? Any insight is apperciated.

    Also- if you could please send replies to myself and CC:'ed to the list so I
    see them right away if at all possible. Thanks to all.

    Robert Gash
    Systems Administrator
    Cybermax, Inc.
    Phone: (904) 281-2200 x3312
    Fax: (904) 296-4203

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.021 / U:30.972 seconds]