SubjectRe: Linus stress-control vs. development
On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> Eric Princen <eprincen@maad.com>:
> > If no one does it and people agree it's a good idea I'll do it regardless of
> > bandwidth. Please send simple "good idea/bad idea" responses to me and not
> > to the list.
>
> A small group of senior people set up such a list earlier today. Now, if you
> have any idea how we can semi-publish the list without having hordes of
> noisy people descend on it....

You are probably being a little unfair. From /usr/src/README:

> If you decide to use 2.1, it is recommended that you join the
> kernel mailing list. To do this, e-mail majordomo@vger.rutgers.edu,
> and put in the body of the message "subscribe linux-kernel" or "subscribe
> linux-kernel-digest" for a daily digest of the mailing list (it is a
> high-traffic list.)

Note "recommended" you do. A strong invitation. Try recommending
that people stay away unless they want to hack on the kernel.

--Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:44    [W:0.076 / U:0.336 seconds]