    SubjectRe: Suspend broken on a thinkpad
    John> Hi, I just got a new Thinkpad 310ED (133 MMX). Of course, I
    John> quickly took Windows down to size and installed Linux.

    John> I've installed the pcmcia utilties and got them working without
    John> problems.

    John> But the power management features don't seem to work under Linux,
    John> but they do under Windows 95.

    John> Specifically, the suspend feature (write all memory to disk and
    John> shut off) doesn't work. The LCD will briefly turn off, and then
    John> will beep and turn right back on and cause some hard disk
    John> activity for a bit.

    On my TP560 I had one thing bugging me for a long time -- if IRQ 9 was
    made available to the pcmcia-cs package, then at some point machine
    refused to hibernate. Not really predictable, e.g. it would happily
    hibernate 20 times and then suddenly refuse. Usually just when I was in
    *real* hurry :-)

    So, you might take a look at that.

    And BTW, for the ThinkPad 560 owners: anybody got suspend to work (not
    hibernation, not standby, SUSPEND == fn-f4) ? My machine w/Linux happily
    suspends and then never wakes up. I can open&close the screen, tap the
    keys, etc, no go. Nada. Have to disconnect AC and remove the batteries.

    --J.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.033 / U:151.776 seconds]