SubjectRe: linux-2.1.81: net connections hanging and then reseting
Date
> 	When the development machine is running 2.1.80 or 2.1.81 and
> I rlogin or telnet from my home machine directly to the development
> machine, the connection between these machines will sometimes lock up
> if I execute a command that outputs a lot of text. I can open another

Me too - I can reproduce it by running ppp over a nullmodem
on two ports of the same machine (Each interface on a different net).

Mostly when I transfer bulk data (ftp direct or large pages in Netscape
through a locally running Apache-Proxy) the line suddenly becomes quiet
for up to 30 seconds and then it continues.
I have seen "sending packet too large to self" from time to time.

Interestingly, when I tunnel my proxy traffic through ssh it didn't
show up - then again I didn't watch every time. I will investigate.

Another problem is that neither deflate nor bsd_comp worked for me without
"out of compression syncs" - bsd_comp just disabled compression,
deflate gave up.

Regards, Bjoern

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.048 / U:0.712 seconds]