SubjectOFFTOPIC: GTK and alternative GUIs and windowing systems in Linux
Date
Hi all developers,

For a while, I've been thinking about developing a new GPLd GUI and windowing
system for Linux. I have recognized the need for a unified user interface for
Linux. I don't like X because the client is the fundamentally wrong place to
put the user interface object handling code. So, I thought about it, bought
a book (trust me, there aren't many on the subjects of windowing and object
interface architecture), and now am posting to see if there is anyone else
working on an alternative windowing system. If there isn't an alternative
windowing system in development, I'd like to start. I apologize for the
offtopicness of this, but I figure this is the best place to start to look for
fellow hackers.

If there is any interest in this idea, email me privately, and I'll send my
"manifesto" to you. :) I have the ability to host my own mailing list, so I
could start one myself for this topic.

Incidentally, I chose the name "why" for the windowing system:

Y = X^2

Why Windows?

'W'hy 'H'urt 'Y'ourself?

:)

Thanks,
Perry

--
Perry Harrington Linux rules all OSes. APSoft ()
email: perry@apsoft.com Think Blue. /\

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.115 / U:0.384 seconds]