    SubjectRe: PATCH: Unix98 pty support.
    Date
    [Originator lost .. oos]

    > > I recall having heard Alan Cox to say NAY on this before on
    > > basis of this easily breaking iBCS -- Running SCO binaries
    > > on top of iBCS detects /dev/ptmx NAME, and then the libc stuff
    > > statically linked into those binaries ASSUMES existence of
    > > STREAMS in the system. (Need I continue ? Naeh, ask Alan..)

    I dont know about that for iBCS - and even if it does its a lesser issue
    since iBCS calls the ibcs open routine not the unix one and could vanish
    away anyway. While you are doing ptmx to hand out ptys you might want to
    make /dev/tcp hand out tcp sockets and /dev/udp hand out udp sockets for
    Alexey's TLI emulation libraries - assuming its easy anyway :0

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:1.204 seconds]