SubjectRe: [Feature Wish] GGI in Linux 2.3
On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, Daniel Egger wrote:

> As far as I can see the goal are very nice, but:
> At the moment it doesn't work as expected...

Come on! We have released 0.0.9, _not_ 1.0. The CVS tree is not guaranteed
to compile, it's an unstable development version, nothing more, nothing
less.

> The newest CVS source applies to the current development
> kernel but the only compiling driver on my systems is the
> standard vga one (not very useful). Neither any other
> nor the supplied libraries compile. My question: what should
> it be good for?
>
> The older official release works a little bit more but doesn't
> integrate into the actual kernel, so I can't use it.

Instead of complaining, perhaps you could report the problems you have
encountered to the GGI mailing list, or if you are not on it, you can send
it to me and I will forward it.

If you have already reported the problem, then we will fix it. It might
not be today, and it might not be tomorrow either, but we'll get around to
it.

While it is way to early to integrate GGI into the mainstream kernel I
would still like to point out that GGI _is_ succesfully running on quite a
lot of systems, so condemning it for a development version not working on
_yours_ is a bit childish, at least from my point of view.

I look forward to your problem-report.

-Stefan

stefan.mars@ggi-project.org

| Stefan Mars |Student, Applied physics & Electrical engineering |
| Bjoernkaerrsgatan 15B:30 |Linkoping Institute of Technology |
| S-584 36 Linkoping | |
| Sweden |Email: mars@lysator.liu.se Phone: +46 (0)13175384 |
| Maintainer of The THX Home Cinema Buyers Guide, located at |
| http://www.lysator.liu.se/%7Emars/thxguide.html |
\--------------------- PGP key available through finger ----------------------/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.036 / U:0.048 seconds]