SubjectRe: [Feature Wish] GGI in Linux 2.3
Date

Hmm...I was thinking along the lines of the old GGI argument of "sound
drivers get into the kernel, so why not graphics?" (approximated and
condensed for your convenience)

Now, thinking about the GGI issues of: a KGI, which defines access to
the hardware, and libGGI, which contains routines for using that access
(correct me if I'm wrong on this). Shouldn't sound behave similarly?

That is, a KSI which opens for accessing the audio hardware, and a
libGSI (or whatever). I admit to not knowing about how the sound
driver(s) is implemented in the kernel, but couldn't this allow stuff
like multiple sound cards (``multi-mouthed'' systems)? Wouldn't it
simplify the kernel, and move stuff into userspace?

Am I totally lost at sea here?

~kzm

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.049 / U:0.000 seconds]