    SubjectRe: devfs

    how about this?

    /dev/sd/h0c0t0u0p2

    There. that should make everyone happy...

    first part after the /dev describes the type of device so
    you can have /dev/scd/.... , /dev/sgd

    and preserve all the current names

    ---Jauder

    > > > Leonard: what's your view on the placement of these devices:
    > > >
    > > > /dev/sd_h0c0t0u0p2 OR:
    > > > /dev/disc/sd_h0c0t0u0p2
    > >
    > > how about /dev/dsk/h0c0t0u0p2? lose the sd_. it doesn't buy you anything.
    > > ide drives are done differently anyways.
    >
    > This naming scheme should be used for 'non-disk' scsi devices top. Please
    > dont put them in /dev/disk or anything.. But please do lose the sd_
    >
    > > as far as the id changing. I think leonard was refering to the case where you
    > > have a standard IDE disk and scsi based say jaz drive... if scsi is compiled as
    > > a module and the jaz is mounted, unmounted and remounted, problems appear.
    > >
    > > --Jauder

    IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The Entire Physical Universe, Including
    This Product, May One Day Collapse Back Into an Infinitesimally Small
    Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently and Spontaneously Re-Emerge,
    the Existence of This Message in That Universe Cannot be Guaranteed.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.020 / U:31.444 seconds]