    SubjectRe: devfs
    Date

    > This naming scheme should be used for 'non-disk' scsi devices top. Please
    > dont put them in /dev/disk or anything.. But please do lose the sd_

    Actually, putting them in /dev/dsk is good because when raw device support is available,
    the devices will be created in /dev/rdsk, like Solaris. I hate the obscure logical
    to hardware naming scheme that Solaris uses, but we can at least take some of the
    non-braindamaged stuff from Solaris and reimplement it. The whole point of creating
    canonical names for SCSI devices is to make it more standard among OSes, putting every
    driver in /dev is ugly, makes directory scans unneccessarily lengthy, and doesn't
    present a logical, consistent, and abstracted interface.

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington Linux rules all OSes. APSoft ()
    email: perry@apsoft.com Think Blue. /\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.033 / U:29.452 seconds]