    SubjectRe: devfs
    On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

    > h0c0t0u0p2 new scheme: requires people to change compatibility
    > symlinks and /etc/fstab (if you've gone that far)

    use this one.

    > Leonard: what's your view on the placement of these devices:
    >
    > /dev/sd_h0c0t0u0p2 OR:
    > /dev/disc/sd_h0c0t0u0p2

    how about /dev/dsk/h0c0t0u0p2? lose the sd_. it doesn't buy you anything.
    ide drives are done differently anyways.

    as far as the id changing. I think leonard was refering to the case where you
    have a standard IDE disk and scsi based say jaz drive... if scsi is compiled as
    a module and the jaz is mounted, unmounted and remounted, problems appear.

    --Jauder

    IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The Entire Physical Universe, Including
    This Product, May One Day Collapse Back Into an Infinitesimally Small
    Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently and Spontaneously Re-Emerge,
    the Existence of This Message in That Universe Cannot be Guaranteed.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.018 / U:30.128 seconds]