SubjectRe: PROPOSAL: /proc/dev
Pavel Machek writes:
> Hi!
>
> > Chroot() gaols
> > --------------
> > The semantics of inode creation are different when the devfs is
> > mounted with the "explicit" option. Now, when a device entry is
> > registered, it will not appear until you use mknod() to create the
> > device. It doesn't matter if you mknod() before or after the device is
> > registered with dev_register(). The purpose of this behaviour is to
> > support chroot(2) gaols, where you want to mount a minimal devfs
> > inside the gaol. Only the devices you specifically want to be
> > available (through your mknod() setup) will be accessible.
>
> So I'm expected to run mknod for every device driver in jail at boot
> up? I would not like 100 mknod's in my startup scripts...

You won't need to do that manually. The same mechanism that you use to
preserve ownerships/permissions across reboots can be used here.
The first time you manually create inodes, after that they are
preserved by the script.
In my next patch I'll include an example script.

Regards,

Richard....

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:0.031 / U:0.132 seconds]