    SubjectRe: 2.1.76, nfs client, and memory fragmentation

    On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 kwrohrer@enteract.com wrote:

    > I can definitely feel pauses (it feels like more pauses than there ought
    > to be) but they are of finite length so far.

    Yes. That was why I'm nervous about it. I'll put it into 2.1.77 now that I
    did it anyway, to get more people to test it out and comment on it, but
    we'll have to keep this in mind.

    > Meanwhile, is there a semblance of reverse page table I haven't found yet?
    > I can find the pages I want to shuffle around by physical address, but I
    > need the task and page structs in order to do it, and brute-force searching
    > just isn't worth it...

    No, no reverse page tables. The data structures to keep them up-to-date
    worries me (it would essentially involve doubling all the page tables). It
    comes up every once in a while, but I'd really like to avoid it if at all
    possible.

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:41    [W:4.166 / U:0.160 seconds]