SubjectRe: Linux (free s/w) support

On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Darren Reed wrote:

> I'm just not so awed with Linux to think it's the best thing since sliced
> bread as a lot of other people here seem to be. To me, it's just another
> operating system which has bugs and more useless features (to me) every day.

Remember that Linux is for everyone and if one silly person in the
backwaters of Australia needs some sort of wierd driver or crazy feature
and he writes it, then why can't everyone have access to it. Just because
you don't use all of the features doesn't mean that they are useless. I
guess this is why we linux users can compile our own kernels, and not have
to live with factory defaults.
-ian

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.058 / U:0.456 seconds]