SubjectRe: Solaris 2.6 and Linux
Date
> Still, we're talking about many products that are totally outside the computer
> industry. Consumer products do not generally include license agreements in
> their manuals (they many not include a manual at all). Something strange like
> may generate a huge volume of support calls from confused or curious
> customers, adding to the cost of the product (many of these products are very
> inexpensive, so any additional cost can be a big deal).

Not a chance. Everything comes with a manual, if for no other reason
than to protect the manufacturer's ass when some idiot takes the new
toaster into the bathtub. And all of them include a page of legalese
in small type that is normally the warrantee.

And nobody reads it.

So any reproduction of the GPL or whatever in said manual will go completely
unnoticed by virtually everyone.

r~

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.305 / U:0.072 seconds]