SubjectRe: FAT binaries and Linux
Hi,

> No, it's very easy if you don't try to be clever, see below ;-)
>
> > You'd have to modify the compiler to get it to output things that
> > you can expect to be able to share in separate sections (easy).
> > This is basicly limited to strings,

[snip]

> IMHO, fat binaries could be useful and it may be worth exploring that
> possibility. If they turn out to be bad, we can always license them
> to M$ ;-)

And what about compiling seperately for each architecture and implement
an `executable file merger' which would merge all the executables to a single
one, ignoring multiple identical occurences of single section?

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@gts.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"All computers run at the same speed... with the power off."

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans