    SubjectRe: FAT binaries and Linux
    Hi,

    > No, it's very easy if you don't try to be clever, see below ;-)
    >
    > > You'd have to modify the compiler to get it to output things that
    > > you can expect to be able to share in separate sections (easy).
    > > This is basicly limited to strings,

    [snip]

    > IMHO, fat binaries could be useful and it may be worth exploring that
    > possibility. If they turn out to be bad, we can always license them
    > to M$ ;-)

    And what about compiling seperately for each architecture and implement
    an `executable file merger' which would merge all the executables to a single
    one, ignoring multiple identical occurences of single section?

    Have a nice fortnight
    --
    Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@gts.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
    "All computers run at the same speed... with the power off."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:36.472 seconds]