SubjectRe: New VGER CVS snapshot available, EXCITING!
On Sep 18, 10:57pm, Felix von Leitner wrote:
> Subject: Re: New VGER CVS snapshot available, EXCITING!
> Thus spake jhohertz@golden.net (jhohertz@golden.net):
>
> > On Sep 15, 1:15pm, David S. Miller wrote:
> > > Subject: New VGER CVS snapshot available, EXCITING!
> > >-- End of excerpt from David S. Miller
>
> > Does anyone know for any snapshot for the SPARC platform that is more up to
> > date than the sparclinux-2.0.30.tar.gz on vger?
>
> Say, did you actually notice WHAT YOU WERE FOLLOWING UP TO?
> FYI: It was an announcement for exactly what you are asking for in this
> posting. Congratulations.

In the 2.0.x series.... If I had a spare SPARC, I'd love to play with/test
2.1.55, but this is a production server I need to work on. Sorry, I can't toy
with ~240 virtual domains that people pay for. I can build stuff and test it on
off hours, but only if I can easily revert back if need be so service can
resume.

At the moment I am unable to even rebuild the current libc. (from RedHats
SRPM), and with all the things I'd need to upgrade for 2.1.x.... well, I
certainly hope you see where I'm coming from.

I guess I should have said 2.0.x series. (I thought it was obvious, but I've
been wrong before....)

Joe 'experience is gonna make me stick to intel' Hohertz

P.S. Right now the prez of the company is thinking 'shoulda gotten sunos' which
makes me sick. If this was an intel based server is would be a lot easier to
maintain.

P.P.S. This system typically keeps a load average of between 0.10 and 0.20. It
should be able to handle a 1000 domains. And if it were intel, it could. But
the sparc tree for 2.0.x is way iffy.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.918 / U:0.672 seconds]