SubjectRe: Generic PCI IDE bus-mastering DMA support
Christian Brunner wrote:

> The attached patch converts the "Intel Triton IDE support" into a "Generic
> PCI bus-mastering DMA support". Actually these are quite small
> changes. I just had to change the way that PCI IDE interfaces are
> probed a little. Hopefully I haven't broken anything. At least it now
> works with my SiS 5571 chipset... :)
>
> If a PCI IDE device claims DMA-burst support, then the DMA support is turned
> on. Acording to Mark Lord, the error recovery code will turn it off again if
> it doesn't work!
>
> Since Mark Lord seems to be quite bussy (I have sent him this patch a
> week ago, but didn't receive an answer yet), I decided to send it to
> the kernel list.

Hi Christian,

I'm still looking at related changes to Linux IDE DMA support.
A few weeks in responding is not unusual for me at this point.

Has anyone with a VIA VP-1 chipset tried out Christian's patch yet?
If so, does DMA still work for you?

Thanks.
--
mlord@pobox.com
the Linux IDE guy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.332 / U:0.688 seconds]