    SubjectRe: ipv4 bind()ing bug
       Date: 	Sun, 14 Sep 1997 11:55:49 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis@mindspring.net>

    I am dealing with this in my Port ACL patch. The range used for
    random (aren't they called anonymous as well?) port assignments
    will be tunable, on a per-user basis if you like, and the range
    need not be contiguous, so you could reserve 6000-6020 for X,
    another range for IRC, etc.

    You can search the archives for the string "PACL" to see my
    original announcement, or just send me mail. If anyone plans to do
    some work on this, then PLEASE contact me. My scheme might not be
    the best one, so if anyone else has a better idea, I'd like to
    integrate that into PACL. Plus, the sysctl interface for pacl is
    sorta-close to done.

    Can you post a copy of this patch when it nears completion? I'd like
    to merge it into the current 2.1.x networking quickly after you are
    ready with it, so this problem can be history.

    Later,
    David "Sparc" Miller
    davem@caip.rutgers.edu

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.041 / U:0.928 seconds]