SubjectRe: Console mapping problems? [I hear about these - I wanna know!]
Anybody thinking about implementing something like selections / unicode or
whatever mapping in the KERNEL, should have a look at the window program
found in the 4.4BSD-Lite distribution or at the xterm source code found in
the X11 distributor. ALL such kind of things should be properly
implemented entierly in USER SPACE as virtual terminal servers. Even the
console switching capabilities should be there and NOT in the kernel.

The main kernel console should remain what it's supposed to be: Just a
simple console nothing more.

There You don't have to worry about mapping tables space restrictions or
therelike, becous it's all user space and nicely swappable.

Marcin
Langunages: Polish, German, English (in THAT order of precedence).
Homepage: http://sub994.sub.uni-goettingen.de
http://sub994.sub.uni-goettingen.de/polish.html

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.073 / U:0.084 seconds]