SubjectRe: Embedded Linux, FFS, VFS help
Date
> I have written a loadable module that can do simple reads and writes (although
> very inefficiently) as directed by VFS. Sometimes it even works. I have at times
> managed to create an ext2 filesystem on the devices but under load my machine
> just stops.
>
> The driver is not interrupt driven so I have to poll the devices to see when an
> erase
> or write cycle etc. has completed. I don't care if it is a little slow but other
> processes
> should not be impeded.

Looked at the pcmcia_cs packages for flash handling ?

As to the jiffies thing it looks sane - 3 jiffies can be just over 2/100ths
of a second depending on when you queue a timer, and you need to make sure when
you wait for the completion of the erase you do a non interruptible wait
so the user cant signal and kill the erase in progress

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.031 / U:0.272 seconds]