    SubjectRe: New pre-2.0.31 patches..
    In article <>,
    Dr. Werner Fink <> wrote:
    >>> A few other small points about pre3.
    >> 1. The pci.h/3c59x patches were not added. This fixed my 'Unrecognized
    >> pci hardware' problem. Find it at
    >> 2. Could it be that the wrong menuconfig patch was added? The pre2 and
    >> pre3 have different linux/scripts/Menuconfig patches, and the pre3 causes
    >> 'make zImage' to go back into 'make config'. The expr patch successfully
    >> now allows integer changes. No .config is created.
    >> 3. Are the 'filename.c needs config but has not included config file'
    >> going to be removed?
    >> 4. Larry M. Augustin's ( memdetect patch was not
    >> added. This succeeded in recognizing my 96meg box. I don't see it on
    >> linuxhq now, but the 2.0.30 patch worked great.
    >This last one works for YOU but breaks one OTHER systems the memory

    I'm curious; what other systems does it break? I don't use lma's
    memory patch myself (having a far superior one that I authored),
    but since the largest difference between his and mine is that he
    uses int15,ah=c7, it shouldn't be failing on other systems.

    david parsons \bi/ my patch is in a commercial product running on several
    \/ hundred av firewall machines; no horrible failures yet.

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:83.184 seconds]