SubjectRe: UDP network problem
There can't be any collisions on an arcnet network. As long as your
machine has got the token it's the only one sending packets.

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Eric Hoeltzel wrote:

> Someone told me recently that UDP is a guaranteed protocol over
> arcnet. While this rang true to me, I am am unable to explain
> to myself precisely why this is so. It's been years since I've
> had an arcnet network with which to play, and it was ipx anyway...
>
> Regards,
> Eric Hoeltzel

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
ANTC & NSRC joelja@ns.uoregon.edu
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!], `Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of
confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
-- Charles Babbage

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.059 / U:0.624 seconds]