    Subjectpre-patch 6 breaks/hurts buslogic scsi
    First of all a qualification, I'm d/ling #7 on another page as I type this so
    it might be fixed there.

    I'm running the Buslogic driver with a BT542BH. I normally run with the card
    driver and disk driver in the kernel with tape and cdrom as modules. I've
    tried various combinations (everything modules - initrd, my usual, and right
    now I'm compiling everything non-module). From this I found 2 problems.

    1> Everything that gets compiled as a module reports a symbol mis-match
    during boot and won't load.
    2> With initrd and everything as a module, the card driver does the same
    thing as #1 so nothing gets loaded.

    I'll post a followup when the current compile gets done and I can boot with
    it. Oh, on this one I also didn't drop out the extra Buslogic stuff (for
    the newer cards)

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.017 / U:2.564 seconds]