SubjectRe: Bogomips

thumpy@cyberdude.com said:
> ok for us uneducated but learning pepole can you explain this
> benchmark what is it what software and what it rates I have never
> heard of this before sorry for asking but I must know being a power
> user who loves to know whats happening I wanna bench my p-266 and my
> p-166

I think your punctuation keys are broken:-)

There is a BogoMips mini-howto entitled ``BogoMips'' that describes in
great detail exactly what a bogomip is and why it exists. Basically, it
is simply a calibration factor for a canonical timing delay loop. If you
have a RedHat setup, look in /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/BogoMips.

--
Steve Williams
steve@icarus.com

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans