    SubjectRe: Bogomips

    thumpy@cyberdude.com said:
    > ok for us uneducated but learning pepole can you explain this
    > benchmark what is it what software and what it rates I have never
    > heard of this before sorry for asking but I must know being a power
    > user who loves to know whats happening I wanna bench my p-266 and my
    > p-166

    I think your punctuation keys are broken:-)

    There is a BogoMips mini-howto entitled ``BogoMips'' that describes in
    great detail exactly what a bogomip is and why it exists. Basically, it
    is simply a calibration factor for a canonical timing delay loop. If you
    have a RedHat setup, look in /usr/doc/HOWTO/mini/BogoMips.

    --
    Steve Williams
    steve@icarus.com

    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
    And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.023 / U:1.196 seconds]