    SubjectRe: re. multiple ext2fs partitions.
    > Is anyone working on making Linux use labels inside a Linux fdisk DOS
    > partition (be it primary or logical in an extended partition) so that
    > you can have > 1 ext2fs partition per fdisk/DOS partition ? (That is
    > similar to how BSD/Solaris do it, so I allocate 1 Linux partition and
    > then segment that up into swap, /, /usr. etc).

    If you enable BSD disklabel support in your compile you can use BSD
    disklabels. Linux can't currently nest them however that would be easy
    to add if someone had a really perverse need for it, as would be pinching
    a new partition type for "recursive dos partitioning".

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.019 / U:16.504 seconds]