SubjectRe: PentiumII's.
Not that I really know, but I would think that as far as SMP goes Linux
should be just fine since a PentiumII is basically an enhanced PPro.

Finding a good mother board can be tough imo. My Tomcat II is advertised
as being about to use MMX Pentium cpu's but in reality I would have to buy
a voltage regulator and SMP MMX's will not work on my board :(

Nick
fb@chibacity.com

At 03:33 PM 7/29/97 -0700, System Email wrote:

>My company needs a couple new servers to handle a large volume of live
>video compression/encryption. I am not even sure if Linux supports the new
>PentiumII MMX chips at all let alone SMP. To start I think 1 PII 300mhz
>chip will do, but I would like to buy a board capable of handling at least
>two cpu's. Does linux support PentiumII's (does it work?) Secondly does
>SMP Linux work wiht a Pentium II? and if so what would be the best board
>to get for this.
>
>Thanks.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:40    [W:0.086 / U:0.244 seconds]