SubjectRe: NFS troubles when mounting multihomed server
On Wed, 23 Jul 1997, Swen Thuemmler wrote:

> You should check the version of /sbin/mount - newer versions don't connect
> the socket (if your kernel is not too old (below 1.1.3x, I think)). And
> you might check the version of amd, if you use automounting. The debian
> version contains the neccesa^H^H^H^H^Hsseca^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hneeded (:-)
> patches.
>
> Hope this helps.

It does, thanks a lot. And shame on me for not mentioning the kernel
version - it's pre2.0.31-2 but the problem applies to any recent kernel.

I do have the latest mount, but based on my discution with amd's
maintainer I didn't think the problem was in mount.. now I know better :)

[nfsmount.c]