SubjectRe: Take A deep Breath - Kernel Documentation
Darin Johnson <darin@connectnet.com> wrote:

> code; but as a former TA, I can not possibly give it a grade of A
> because there are no comments and the docs are inadequate. If this
> were commercial code, I think the developers would be chewed out by
> their bosses on a weekly basis.

Deliver the "goods" - on time, under budget, peek performance and
better than your competitors. This will make your stock holders very
happy, they dont care about source code documentation. "I know company
xxx beat us but look at our source, it would get an A+ from my teacher and
now we can hire unskilled labor to do maintenance on it"

I am sure you are right that many "bosses" will chew out developers
because there concept of documentation does not match. To bad for them.
Properly designed code is self-documenting to those who have the skills
you want in a developer anyway.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.071 / U:0.848 seconds]