SubjectRe: I2O specs available! (was: GGI People Read This (fwd))

> > I guess it wasn't supposed to be there or something. They must have closed
> > up ftp pretty quick, because I tried ftp and it didn't work any more.

How do we all know this information isn't going to be public knowledge?
Where does it say that this is proprietary information? Are they trying
to be another Xircom/Diamond/etc, and only let MS develop drivers for it?

Is there any hardware available yet, or is this still early specs? With
something as low-level as an IO bus, I would think it would be like Intel
not releasing programming information for their PCI bus or x86 chip, is it
not?

> Still works for me. Based on their welcome message, it looks like
> they intended to pass out members-only passwords but someone "forgot" to
> disable anonymous ftp... :-)

How did we initially find out about this, not that it matters..

> My guess is that the spec is spreding in a geometric progression
> at this point... Gives us one hell of a leg up on reverse engineering
> even if they do close the site back up and then modify the spec. :-) :-)

Do you think *BSD knows yet? :) Sshhh.. :)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.655 / U:0.008 seconds]