SubjectMore on I2O

Another two aspects of the I2O problem to consider btw are

1. In its current form the single question "If our vendor gets kicked out
of or leaves I2O, what happens to the product line we invested in"...
should be enough to make any vaguely smart purchasing department worry

2. On the reverse engineering side, there are a lot of hints as to I2O
workings. Notably the choice of a CPU which can read and share page
tables with intel x86 CPU products. A scan for I2O across the net
does provide enough clues IMHO to build an I2O compatible driver
given an I2O machine, a couple of example drivers/boards and an
EEC citizen. Once they do that and publish the data to the net the
game is over.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.030 / U:0.332 seconds]