SubjectRe: take a deep breath
Date
> Guys... quite frankly I have to say this, about the code being documented,
> and the quality of the code, and all this other crap I am seeing on here.
> So quite frankly if code aint documented well, or it aint the quality you
> would like to see, instead of bitching why dont you figure out where YOU
> can help or something.

As you are doing above, they are trying to help by give helpful advice.

As with your message, it doesn't always sound gracious.

Hacking the kernel is too hard for most people. Seeing that the
highest-numbered kernel is no longer the most-recommended kernel is
not too hard for most people, so someone helped by pointing out how
old 2.0.30 is and perhaps a focus on .31 would help Linux in the eyes
of the world.

David seems to be the focus of stable development, while Linus is the
focus of unstable development ;) I expect David is the *last* one the
"where's .31?" comment was directed at. If Atlas shrugs, a lot of us
will feel stranded, source code or not. That shouldn't motivate the
developers, but perhaps they can overlook an occasional cry of fear
from the masses.

--
Pete Harlan, Linux Fan
pete@mymenus.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:39    [W:0.038 / U:0.740 seconds]